Networking Your Way to Your Next Job with Pat Cross - 37:18
Networking is the Number 1 way professionals find their next opportunities, yet many job seekers are at a loss as how to do it successfully. In addition, many job seekers feel awkward asking for help, which prevents them from taking advantage of networking opportunities.
In this webinar you’ll learn:
• What networking really is (and what it’s not)
• The difference between the “visible” and the “hidden” job market
• The 5 things you need to network effectively
• Developing your “elevator pitch”
• Developing your contact list
• Specific networking tips
• Networking with someone you know, connecting with someone you don’t know - and what do you say?
• Maximizing networking skills at meetings
• Online networking - tips and resources
• Tips for action planning
Pat Cross M.A.Ed. brings over 15 years experience facilitating workshops and coaching individuals in successful job search. She has worked with individuals at all levels, from new college graduates to senior and C-Suite level executives. Pat is a frequent speaker at professional networking meetings and at corporate training events as workshop facilitator on talent development and retention, career management and professional development for corporations, non-profit organizations, government and public agencies.